This Level 2 course is aimed at childcare practitioners working in Early Years settings including childminders and nursery staff.
Our online module appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features.
It allows you to work at your own pace, testing your knowledge as you progress through the course.
This online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Learners can study at their own pace, and log in and out as often as they wish
To provide important information regarding the safeguarding of children, enabling learners to respond confidently and appropriately to concerns about the safety and welfare of a child
Self-checks after each section of the course and an end of course multiple-choice assessment
On successful completion of the multiple-choice assessment, learners can download a certificate as evidence that they have completed and passed the course
Verifiable CPD points: This course qualifies for 4 CPD points
Module 1 – Understanding the role of early years practitioners
- The role of early years practitioners in safeguarding
- Safeguarding and welfare requirements
- Child protection requirements in EYFS 2017
- Being alert to issues for concern
- Safeguarding policy and procedures
- Ensuring suitability of staff
- Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Possible signs of abuse and neglect
- Staff Training
Module 2 – Legislation and Government guidance
- Why you need to know about legislation and Government guidance
- Key legislation – The Children Act 1989
- Key legislation – The Children Act 2004
- Key legislation – The Childcare Act 2006
- Other relevant legislation
- Government guidance
Module 3 – Lessons from serious case reviews
- What is a serious case review?
- What can we learn from serious case reviews?
- Key failures shown up by case reviews
Module 4 – Recognising signs and indicators
- Recognising signs of abuse and neglect
- Categories of abuse and neglect
- Spotting signs of neglect
- Spotting signs of emotional abuse
- Spotting signs of physical abuse
- Spotting signs of sexual abuse
Module 5 – Working with other professionals
- The principles of multi-agency working
- Working together to safeguard children
- Identifying the need for early help