This course is delivered as a face-to-face session by one of our professional and highly engaging trainers who will ensure you have fun while you learn. We take great pride in the courses we have created which are packed with games, quizzes, and plenty of hands-on practical elements creating the perfect learning environment.
Course will run 9am – 3.30pm which includes a short morning break/lunch break. It is advised you bring your own lunch as there may not be food options close to the facility.
What you will learn
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Gain the skills and confidence to respond to several first aid emergencies safely
- Assess an emergency situation and prioritise what action to take
- Understand the role and responsibilities of being a first aider
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious casualty
- Carry out CPR
- Control bleeding and manage shock
- Treat with minor injuries
- Treat burns
- Understand responsibilities and reporting
- Use and maintain first aid kits
Assessment and certification
Your ability is assessed throughout the day using a range of quizzes, questioning, games and scenarios.
Upon completion you will receive a FAIB accredited certificate recognised by HSE.
To help us go paperless certificates will be emailed after completion. A hard-copy certificate is available upon request.
Course duration and timings
1 Day Course
Day 1 – 9am – 3.30pm
Topics covered in this course
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Preventing cross-infection
- Contents of a first aid box
- Assessing the situation. Acting safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Recovery position
- Minor injuries
- Burns and scalds
- Accident report forms